AMBASADA SAD U SRBIJI
Takmičenje za najbolji biznis plan
Best business plan competition – za mlade koji imaju poslovne ideje
The US Embassy Belgrade is seeking entries from young people aged 18-25 for the fourth annual Ron Brown Apprentice Program. Through the program, the Embassy invites Serbian students to come up with the next Facebook, Apple iPhone, or hybrid car. The program aims to promote entrepreneurism and sound business practices and to increase self-employment among youth. The U.S. Embassy will determine the winners of the Serbian competition who will then go on to compete in a region-wide contest for the best business plan. In a format similar to that of Donald Trump’s The Apprentice, competitors will pitch their ideas to a panel of successful business people from the region who will evaluate the projects and select the top three.
• Two submissions will travel to Zagreb to compete in the region-wide Apprentice program and also attend the Ron Brown Forum: The Future of Energy, April 14-15.
• Attending the Brown Forum provides an opportunity to network with some of the most influential venture capitalists and entrepreneurs from Europe and the United States. Previous Ron Brown Apprentice competitors have won seed money for their projects, received internships with major companies and met career mentors.
• Travel expenses will be covered by the Public Affairs Office of the U.S. Embassy in Belgrade.
How to Apply
• Submissions must be a one-page business abstract, in English; the second page should include the full budget for the proposed business venture. A panel of Embassy experts will select the winners for the Serbian competition, who will be notified by beginning of March.
• Submissions are due by midnight, February 21, 2014. Send your business plans to the U.S. Embassy at firstname.lastname@example.org@gmail.com with “The Ron Brown Apprentice Program” in the Subject field of the e-mail.
• You must be between the ages of 18 and 25 to apply. Each participant must also submit a CV and basic biographical information – name, age, school/university, email, and phone number.
• Business plan submissions that do not comply with the U.S. Embassy guidelines or contain prohibited, inappropriate, irrelevant, or copied content will be disqualified and removed from the selection.
• Business plans must be sent to the U.S. Embassy at email@example.com The Ron Brown Apprentice Program” in the Subject field of the e-mail. Each participant must also submit a CV and basic biographical information – name, age, school/university, email, and phone number.
• Business plan submissions that do not comply with the U.S. Embassy guidelines or contain prohibited, inappropriate, irrelevant, or copied content will be disqualified, removed from the selection, and not considered for a prize. If you have questions on the contest, please address firstname.lastname@example.org, subject: „The Ron Brown Apprentice Program.“